I would like to congratulate the following DECA members on qualifying for states today in their respective business categories. The MA DECA District 2 competition was held yesterday and today at the Mansfield Holiday Inn, and featured 750 students from 14 schools. Most notably, two teams took 1st place overall along with a runner-up performance.
1st Place - Financial Services Team
- Emily Leonard
- David Joachim
1st Place - Entrepreneurship Team
- Zoe Fitzgerald
- Ben Hoskins
2nd Place - Travel & Tourism Team
- Alyssa Medeiros
- Celina Medeiros
Top 6 Medalists
- Heather Devolle, International Business Plan
- Megan Kelley, Business Finance
- Noah Avila, Hospitality & Tourism Team
- Colby Deschenes, Hospitality & Tourism Team
- Chris Pires, Automotive Services Marketing
- Andrew Gagnon, Business Services Marketing
- Sophie Raposa, Financial Services Team
- Kaitlyn Marcotrigiano, Financial Services Team
- Jason DeRosa, Accounting Applications
Thank you to business teachers Trish Madsen and Barry Cowgill, along with former marketing teacher David Lentz for their strong influence in today's success.
The DECA State Career Development Conference will be held at the Boston Marriott Copley from March 8th-10th, where the 15 students above will compete with hopes of advancing to nationals in Atlanta.